What is the purpose of this document, and what does it contain?
- The family certificate indicates the place and date of marriage, as well as the up-to-date personal data of the spouses and the children they have together. It can only be issued to married persons.
- Married persons can submit the family certificate to employers, banks, insurance companies, pension schemes, courts, etc.
- Foreign nationals can only be issued a family certificate if they had an event that affected their civil status after 31 December 2004 (for example marriage or the birth of a child born in wedlock).
- New family booklets cannot be issued any longer. If you should still have one and would like to complement it with a new family certificate, please contact the registry office by telephone.
Who is entitled to obtain this document?
Who issues the document?
- Swiss nationals: the registry office of a spouse's place of origin
- Foreign nationals: the registry office of their place of residence
- CHF 40.00 (+ portage)
- When a new civil status event occurs, the family certificate is updated free of charge.