What is the purpose of this document, and what does it contain?
- For marriages contracted prior to 6 August 2004, only international excerpts from the marriage register (CIEC) can be issued.
- The international excerpt from the marriage register (CIEC) is issued in five languages (German, French, Italian, English and Spanish).
- The national marriage certificate is issued in three languages (German, French and Italian).
- The document provides evidence of the married persons, as well as of the place and date of the marriage.
Who is entitled to obtain this document?
Who issues the document?
- The civil registry of the place where you got married
- The registry office where you converted your registered partnership into marriage
CHF 30.00 (+ portage)